Prairie Girl put a post up yesterday for the chance to win a free subscription to Martha Stewart Living for a year (woohoo!). To participate, you have to answer the following questions, and if you post your favorite fall photo, you get a second entry (insert big grin here). I will also admit, I have probably never looked at a Martha magazine, but I'm sure it would give me all sorts of inspiration for all sorts of projects. So here I go...
1. My favorite fall colours are a combination of bright reds, golden yellows, and warm oranges. All colours earthy and warm. If I had to pick a favorite though I think I'd say chocolate brown.
2. The fall meal I am most looking forward to enjoying is soup. Any type of soup. I'm excited about trying out some soup recipes in my crock pot. Stay tuned!
3. My favorite fall activity is going for a walk with leaves crunching under my feet.
4. I am looking forward to wearing turtlenecks again.
5. If I were to fill my thermos/coffee mug with any beverage, it would definitely be a caramel macchiatto.
6. My favorite fall tradition is my families Annual Pumpkin Carving Competition.
7. My favorite spot to "take in" fall colours is anywhere where leaves are falling! So far I have loved Confederation Park and Baker Park.
8. My favorite fall sound is leaves crunching under foot.
9. My favorite fall smell is the air after it has rained.
10. Fall makes me feel refreshed.
I took Grace out last week to snap photos of her in her Halloween costume. Here are a few of my favorites:
And, here are a few fall photos I took near my parents place back in 2003. I think they sum up for me the love I have for this time of year. Such rich and vibrant colours. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do:
What is your favorite thing about fall?