Oh I know, I know. Hold back your jealousy! (It even "whirs" when you turn it on).
This computer is so old it has:
- A photo of me running the Boston Marathon in 2006 when it starts up
- It runs Windows 2000. This means Blogger wouldn't work on Google, and Google Chrome isn't supported. I'm now blogging on an old version of Firefox.
- It has our marriage vows on it
- And a word document of all my blog posts from my pregnancy with Grace
- It even has an excel chart where I entered my weight gain every week of that pregnancy (wow I was an intense first time pregnant Mama!)
With Grace being in Kindergarten next year, this old clunker just makes sense. The kids can bang around on it and it truly cannot get hurt. And if something happens, Nate can fix it.
And it reminds me of the days when computers first came out. Sort of (but not quite) like using a corded phone. My Dad's first cell phone was larger than a normal house phone. Intense.
Perhaps a fancy Mac or PC will be in my future. But heck, this one was free and made from "recycled" parts.
I have an old wooden chair I purchased back at a garage sale (also about ten years ago) for $1. Might be a good summer project to re-paint it and let it hang out here with the computer ;)